The aim within the EYFS Reception class at St. Anthony’s School for Girls is to provide a firm foundation on which all aspects of education are built. We aim to provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced in content and wide-ranging in approach, helping to ensure future progress and success. We believe that we should create a learning environment that is motivating, exciting and caring, in order to contribute to the children’s positive self-esteem and love of learning.
- To facilitate the development of our children’s skills, knowledge and attitudes in the seven areas of development, according to their learning needs and levels of understanding.
- To develop foundation skills with a view of helping the children grow into independent and successful young learners.
- To promote good health, emotional wellbeing and mutual respect for others.
- To provide a happy, safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment in which the above can flourish.
- To work closely with parents as partners in their children’s development and learning.