Our aims and ethos underpin every aspect of school life at St. Anthony’s School for Girls. As with our sister school, St. Anthony’s School for Boys, it is our nurturing family environment and high quality education which makes us exceptional. We believe that children reach their true potential when they feel safe, secure and valued as part of a supportive community.
We recognise that each child is an individual, with unique strengths and abilities. Through our guidance, it is the St. Anthony’s School for Girls aim that our pupils will flourish academically and go on to affect change, making a positive contribution to society through their academic abilities and moral and spiritual beliefs. Through living out our aims and ethos, we hope to foster in each child a passion to learn, the motivation to achieve and the desire to excel.
“St. Anthony’s aims to provide high quality education in a caring, supportive and Catholic environment, infused by Christ’s Gospel, in order that each of our pupils is able to develop fully as an individual, well-adjusted to the wider community.”
At St. Anthony’s School for Girls, our aim is:
- To promote the teaching of the Catholic faith and to provide an understanding and respect for the beliefs of others.
- To provide an informal, yet structured, happy environment where each member of the community is valued and secure and where there is a commitment to encouraging individual development.
- To promote high standards in all areas of school life.
- To encourage self-discipline, self-motivation, self-respect and respect for others.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which encourages children to realise their potential.
- To foster a lively and varied learning environment.
- To work in partnership with parents encouraging regular dialogue in the best interests of the child.